Family and Nutrition Program
A USDA-funded program promoting healthy people, healthy places and healthy communities in Florida
WHO WE ARE
The go-to resource for educating Floridians about eating healthier and choosing an active lifestyle on a limited budget.
The Florida component of National SNAP-Ed (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education)
WHO WE SERVE
Floridians who qualify for SNAP benefits: children (toddlers to teans) and their parents, adults (ages 18-59), and older adults (ages 60+).
WHERE WE ARE
In multiple counties throughout Florida, at community locations such as:
- health service centers
- Head Start programs
- community centers
- childcare centers
- adult education and job training sites
WHAT WE OFFER
A variety of learning experiences and materials for all ages, related to nutrition and physical activity, such as:
- assistance with planning/implementing gardens in schools, at WIC facilities, and other community sites
- food demonstrations and tastings
- hands-on cooking lessons using Florida-grown foods
- grocery store tours with a focus on saving money
- small giveaways and incentives with positive messages about nutrition
- group nutrition classes
Did you know......? Red fruits and vegetables improve memory and promote a healthy heart. Green help sharpen vision or promote strong bones and teeth. It is important to eat a variety of fruits and veggies. For more information....